If you’ve had a recent surgical procedure, there’s a chance you had it done at an outpatient surgery center rather than a hospital. And as you can imagine, there are important differences between the two types of medical facilities.
An Ambulatory Care Center is an outpatient medical care facility. Some facilities have more specialized services or more advanced technology that is equal to or higher to that of hospitals. Services provided can include:
• Lower infection rate that is half of that in hospitals
• Less sick people on site
• More controlled environment
• They have Emergency Rooms and an Intensive Care Unit
• Specialists on site to assist in surgical emergency.
• Already on site in the case of needing 9-1-1 assistance.
At The Vrdolyak Law Group, we fight for you. We believe that you should have the choice in which facility that works best for you. If you want to optimize the success of your next surgical procedure, contact us at 844-4-VLGLAW.
See the resources below for reports on Ambulatory Care Center information and tools to help you choose the best medical care facility for you.
Ambulatory Surgical Treatment Centers